Thursday, February 18, 2010

Serious Shtuff Going Down

So there you have it folks. The ending has finally come. Crown Heights has gotten to me. At first I thought it was just a joke, this whole tznius police trying to shut down the poetry slam and force women to dress modestly, but then I discovered it was worse... much worse. Basically, they were too late to stop me from getting married, but they threatened to stop my kids from ever attending school in CH (I don't even have kids!) if I dared keep on posting, and they brought me some disturbing proofs of what they had accomplished so far. Not wanting to jeopardize my future in Kan Tziva Hashem Es Habracha, I quickly shut down my blog, only to discover that Yossi was having the same issue. He said that we shouldn't run and hide, that we should take a stand and fight for what's right. After all, blogs aren't all shtussim- heck, I once got someone to keep kosher! But could I do it in the face of all this pressure? And as I reminded Yossi, he still needed to find a shidduch...

10 comments:

Yossi said...

thanks for looking out for me, then...

e said...

Welcome to Chareidistan.

Just like a guy said...

Yossi: Sure thing. Bloggers have to stick up for one another, right?

e: Thanks. Hope we enjoy the stay.

a different yossi said...

on the one hand, i totally support your right to blog, and completely deplore the backward view of technology the religious circles seem to have. on the other hand, you really must appreciate just how high the eyebrows went when these people read your blog's comments and said "BOYS COMMUNICATING WITH GIRLS IN THIS UNKNOWN MEDIUM!!!!! oy vey, we don't understand it, so we can't monitor it. let us all assume the worst."

i also strongly disapprove of how they are blackmailing you to do their bidding.

but in the end, if you want to want to live among these people...

as they say in Rome, "be like us, or gtfo"

Altie said...

ok u guys are freaking me out just a bit. im still not sure if this is for real. you know my email address. if this is a joke please tell me.

Anarchist Chossid said...

Why would you want your kids to attend a CH school?

And what’s with word verification?

e said...

CA1: Ha! You think bloggers with a tainted past will ever get shlichus and be able to move out of Crown heights!

CA2: Everything in this blog is permeated with the spirit of censorship.

blogger expert said...

e, don't you know that the default setting in blogger is to have word verification enabled?

Anarchist Chossid said...

Who said anything about moving out of CH on shlichus?

Just like a guy said...

http://therealbochur.blogspot.com/2010/02/letter.html