Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blogging now from an undisclosed location

Due to some unfortunate circumstances, we have been forced to take shelter under a new blog.

I'm not sure how many bloggers received the same messages, but basically, here's what happened:
So there I was, minding my own business, davening mincha in 770 the other day, when I received a letter, signed by what seemed like every major Rabbinical figure in Crown Heights.

Was the content of the letter a commendation for my years of service to the community?
Not exactly.
Apparently there has been an ongoing machlokes about blogging in the Jewish world, and the hurt and pritzus that blogs and comments could bring. They said it brought goyishkeit, immorality, and a whole bunch of awful things. I was surprised that they didn't blame Haiti on my blog.
I was asked to stop blogging immediately, and remove all comments. Which I did. When I saw that TRS was in the same boat, we decided to open this temporary, secret blog that hopefully the authors of the letter will not find out about. So it's up to you guys, basically, to keep your mouths shut.

11 comments:

e said...

This is really horrible. These people have to stick their noses in their own business. If they don't like that people are airing the dirty laundry in public, tough noogies. It's a free country. If they really can't stand that bloggers are airing dirty laundry, let them try to minimize the dirty laundry, not hide it.

Nemo said...

How do they know who you are in person?

Yossi said...

from the letter they didn't know my name. it just said: to the proprietor of abochurinlubavitch...
i don't know how long they had ppl carrying around this letter. it didn't help me that my blog url is in my hat!

Altie said...

10 are u serious?
2) i want to see that letter. was it to all blogs?
3) is this an adar joke?
4) will this effect my chances for a good shidduch??

C said...

???

You guys just to strange to a whole new level..

Anarchist Chossid said...

Not funny and probably chillul Chabad (precisely because it is very possible to believe that such a thing would happen).

C said...

*took

How can the leaders be wise and insightful if they don't even know proper English? said...

They called you the proprietor of the blog?

Yossi said...

that's what my letter said.

Just like a guy said...

http://therealbochur.blogspot.com/2010/02/letter.html

bonne said...

I just saw this today...a bit of a surprise.