Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Revealed?

So I received two emails last night. The first was, like Yossi's, a threat to do me some harm of some sort, an attempt to blackmail me for alleged previous wrongs. I took down my blog because of this, and I think that was the right move under the circumstances. The second email was an offer to meet them (The Committee), which I think is unprecedented. I immediately responded to the second email and told them that I'd love to arrange some sort of get-together, to attempt to clear the air and figure out a solution to this whole thing. They mentioned a secret location, which I think makes sense, because of course it seems like the whole blogging world wants to come at them with pitchforks and boiling peanut oil. I'll of course post more info as I get it...

19 comments:

Altie said...

uhu. if this turns out to be a big joke I'm gonna turn everyone on you, TRS.

bonne said...

I'd prefer bringing boiling tar if that's alright.

Nosson said...

Just got here. Dont give in my friends. Giving in to blackmail and threats, i won't have it. Whatever you need me to do say the word. Be it a strong-worded letter to that "committee" or a trip to their HQ to redecorate, i'm there.

'Tis a disgrace and abomination, and i shall join the fight to eradicate and discredit them. Their fight against self-expression, free-thought, and sense of camaraderie these blogs give us will be a short one.

Don't stand down, be bold, be strong. You have my sopport.

bonne said...

Unless it's a joke, in which case we are STILL coming with pitchforks and boiling tar. HAHA!
(Too much coffee this morning.)

Sebastion said...

Lets bring boiling pitchforks!

Anarchist Chossid said...

Let’s bring a dentist. My family can provide one free of charge (you’d just owe them a favor).

Nosson said...

Now we just have to decide what is worse, boiling pitchforks or a dentist.
I say a dentist who was boiled in pitchforks. The ultimate attack.

Arguing with Myself said...

Bring along some mumps

e said...

the plot thickens...

Dovid said...

TRS- you should think about taking some security precautions, let not what happened to Shamil happen to you.

Just like a guy said...

Good idea. Does anyone have a video camera?

Anarchist Chossid said...

How would a video camera help Shamil?

Dovid said...

TRS- I don't, but I know where you can get a good deal on a cameraphone:
http://www.heightsdeals.com/

CA- I think he needs backup.

Anarchist Chossid said...

What Shamil needed was his Chechen bodyguard.

TRS can probably get a bunch of Tzfatim to come with him armed with yellow pins and rolled up copies of Dvar Malchus.

Dovid said...

I don't know any Chechens but i do know a mighty Russian that crawls around with an axe.

Anarchist Chossid said...

You know Gennadiy? He works as a janitor in my uncle’s bar.

Dovid said...

lol. Almost this Russian is a neuroscientist

e said...

trs: how about meeting him in a public place? Simpler and just as good as a Chechen.

e said...

CA: Does your uncle really have a bar with all the properties you have ascribed to it?